Friday, May 10, 2013

Night before race day.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I've never run this far before. And, I'm coming out of an almost 4-week running hiatus. I have worked closely with a physiotherapist to address the knee pain that I was experiencing. Where I should have been at peak training, I was resting. I have tried to follow every instruction that I got. And now...the race is tomorrow.
It is time.

Bonds with teammates, coaches and training partners are unique. Imane is my running partner.  She inspired the half-marathon idea, and was truly integral in getting me into sports in the first place.  Three and a half years ago, it was Imane who encouraged me to join her on weekly runs along the Rideau Canal...those runs were what sparked my love of fitness.  When I purchased my boxing gear the first time, I sent Imane a picture. I will never forget getting her text message saying that she couldn't stop looking at the picture.  I took so much encouragement from those words. She established boxing programs in the community where I could share my love for the sport with other women.  I am grateful that our paths crossed Alhamduillah.

I know that it will be almost impossible to meet my target time tomorrow.  But alas, we are still almost $17,000 short of our goal for the youth centre. I suppose the training will continue till we raise that $21K Inshallah.  Please do join our team...we need more of you on board.

Praise be to God, the All-Mighty, for giving me this opportunity to participate in a special event. I'm extremely excited, and extremely humbled too. Send your prayers and positive energy our way...Team 21K-4-21K looks forward to letting you know how tomorrow goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home